We need volunteers!
The Festival of the Hills has a long history, having been held almost every year since 1962. Generations have enjoyed this yearly event, but without a dedicated group of core volunteers, this may end. The future of the Festival depends on whether much-needed volunteers will step up and commit. Volunteers are needed the day of the Festival, but we especially need coordinators for particular activities who can help in advance.
Planning meetings begin in early spring and run monthly until late summer, when they pick up in frequency, eventually becoming weekly. Heading up an area usually involves independent work, such as contacting vendors, and does not require attendance at every meeting.
Our volunteers over the years have held full-time jobs while raising families and have still been able to juggle the needs of managing a Festival area. Please consider giving some of your time to this town tradition so we can pass this on to more generations.
Pre-Festival Set Up
Saturday September 30, 2023, 8 am – 2 pm
Assemble and mount feather banners, put up parking signs, set up tables for Children’s activities, assemble tables and chairs for music area, and more ! (10 volunteers)
Sunday 1 October 2023
1 to 2 h time slots from 6:30 am – 9:30 am
- Crafters – Greet crafters as they arrive in upper parking area (9 volunteers)
2 h time slots from 10 am – 4 pm
- Children’s Games: ‘fishing’, frog-on-a-lily-pad, ring toss, coin toss, pumpkin painting, and more! (30 volunteers)
- Information Booth (6 volunteers)
- Cider Tent (9 volunteers)
- Café Conway (9 volunteers)
- Fried Dough (9 volunteers)
- Merchandise Table (6 volunteers)
- Green Team (19 Volunteers)
1 h time slots from 4 pm – 6 pm
- Take down – remove feather banners, pack up children’s games, retrieve parking signs, tables, and chairs, and more (10 volunteers)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.